Tuesday, October 14, 2014

INTRODUCTION TO CHICAGO ILLINOIS


Day One - Two

Photos of me by Josiah Neo

Chicago is such a beautiful city. The architecture itself is already mind-blowing. Just a 5 minute walk across the Chicago River left me awestruck. Honestly, all I could think about when I was there was 'I can't believe I am in Chicago.' 

So in love with the grid system there, although you have to wait around for the traffic light a lot. But walking everywhere was a breeze, thanks to the weather. Speaking of which, I am thoroughly missing the need to put on a coat when walking out or needing a hot coffee to hold in my hands. Honestly, I under packed quite a bit, falling short of outerwear halfway through the trip. I didn't think it would be that cold. Windy city indeed. 

What's worse was I had a infection of the flu bug right before the flight there. You can imagine, being trapped in a metal container high above the ground with terribly restricted legroom seats for 18 hours, was no picnic. The flight attendant surely imprinted my face into her brain as the one who kept asking for warm water with lemon every 15 minutes.

It's not that obvious in the photos here but I sincerely was battling a losing battle with virus for the first half of the trip. That might have affected my taste buds, which meant food sucked for the most part. But what Chicago lacked in taste, surely made up with its visual adventure.

If you have any questions about my trip, feel free to ask me down in the comments or in my Ask.fm and I will be sure to answer them in my next Chicago post!


No comments:

Post a Comment